Tor – The Onion Router
Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis. Get Tor.
This subreddit is for news, questions, opinions and tips about Tor.
- Posts about the non-technical aspects of Tor’s hidden services – such as individual .onion sites and their content – belong in/r/onions. Posts concerning criminal marketplaces may be removed from /r/Tor.
- News articles that do not mention Tor are usually off-topic; /r/Tor is not for general news about privacy or security.
How to get started
- Download the Tor Browser Bundle
- Start it. You’re done. It’s that easy!
- Frequently Asked Questions about Tor
- Tor overview – learn where Tor came from and how it works
- Join the Tor network by running a relay or bridge, risk-free
- The Tor Blog
- Donate – Your support is critical to the Tor Project’s success
- Tor Stack Exchange – question and answer site
- /r/onions – all about Tor’s hidden services
- /r/tails – the Tails operating system helps preserve anonymity
- /r/netsec – security news and discussion
- /r/privacy – privacy and freedom in the information age
- /r/FreeSpeech – freedom of speech
- /r/i2p – The Invisible Internet Project, anonymity system with similarities to Tor
- /r/Namecoin – Namecoin, decentralized DNS
/r/tor is not managed or endorsed by The Tor Project.